Saturday, 14 January 2012

The Horns of the Buffalo - Part Seven

Alas progress continues to be slow as I continue to be forced to work for the "living" that pays for my miniatures habit. 

The MDF bases that I ordered some weeks ago arrived today.  They are of very good quality, equal to the fine produce of Renedra in my humble opinion but slightly cheaper.  I spent a long time thinking about how I would base my Anglo-Zulu chaps and eventually decided that for Rorkes Drift I would actually mix the bases up a little.  I am planning to use the Black Powder rules that Warlord publish but would like to have the flexibility to use other rules if I so desire or the chaps from the club make me :)  As such I've gone for square bases with four zulus on each with a goodly number of single bases scattered amongst them for good measure.

Anyway, the last dregs of my current bottle of PVA were deployed to stick these chaps onto bases which will need a good couple of days worth of work to get them all textured and looking acceptable if not nice. 

It seems like I've been painting Zulus for an age and yet it seems that I really haven't produced much yet.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10